Fireball Smoked Ham Sliders
Firestarter Tim (@bamagrillmaster) has done it again! After that fire Pork Roulade you probably thought you'd never eat anything else again. But before callin' it quits, you've gotta hit up this new slider recipe he just broke off.
P.S. Stop droolin' you're gonna put the fire out.
- 1 - Whole Ham
- 1 - Can of Pineapple Slices
- 1 - Jar of Maraschino Cherries
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Pineapple Juice
- Fireball Whisky
Prepare the glaze & cherries
- Gather these ingredients
- 1 - Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 - Cup of Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 - Cup of Fireball Whiskey
- Mix together and set aside
- Drain the cherries and pineapple
- Put the fruit in a bowl and add enough Fireball Whiskey to completely cover them
- Put in refrigerator overnight to soak
Prepare & cook the ham
- Score the ham and spread enough of the glaze to cover completely
- Season with your favorite rub...BamaGrillMaster recommends Saucy Beard BBQ Rose Gold Rub
- Place the ham in a pan and pour enough pineapple juice to cover the bottom of the pan
- Add 1/2 Cup of Fireball Whisky to the pan with the pineapple juice
- Place the ham in the smoker at 225 uncovered...BGM used his trusty CampChef WoodWind Pellet Grill for this cook
- After the first hour, start basting the ham, with the juice in the pan, every 20 minutes until you hit an internal temperature of 150 degrees. If the ham starts to get too dark, cover with foil.
- When the ham hits 150, pull it off the smoker and place the Fireball soaked pineapple and cherries on it with toothpicks.
- Once you get the fruit on, sprinkle the pineapple with brown sugar and toss it all back onto the smoker to get some color
- Cook uncovered for approximately 20 more minutes.
- Pull off smoker and allow to cool
- Slice it up and make your Game Day Sliders!
Slayin' fact: If for some reason you're anti-pineapple, sub in avocado...same heat, different fruit! #IgniteThatGrill